Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yankees 6, Blue Jays 2: Brett Cecil Down, Chris Woodward Up!

Sweet circle change, bro.
After last night's 6-2 comedown against the Yankees, I was all set to start this post by being all, "I don't want to be an alarmist or anything but is it too soon to be really worried about Brett Cecil?" And then I find out that he'd actually been sent to the minors. This is being described as a surprise move, and you can forilla gorilla number me among the surprisรจd. Cecil had a really solid 2010, and I figured he was our number three guy for the foreseeable future. Maybe he will be once he gets straightened out, but for now, this is just weird. That makes Cecil and Litsch demoted in the last week, and yet somehow Jo-Jo Reyes remains. At a certain point you just have to embrace the mystery, and I know it's only three weeks into the season, but I am just going to ahead and embrace it now (preemptively, really, before it deepens further).


No less mysterious is the call-up of Chris Woodward, who I recalled with probably disproportionate fondness here. As I said there, I have watched a lot of shitty baseball in my time, and Chris Woodward was certainly the starting shortstop for a good deal of it, but Chris Woodward is a player with whom my problem never was. I welcome his return to the fold, even if I do not entirely understand it.


KS

No comments:

Post a Comment