Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sacramento River Cats vs Tuscon Padres, a live blog.

I'm sitting by the right field fair pole above the Cats bullpen. A little cool tonight, but no rain. I'm using a new Android blogger app, so we'll see how this works. Best $7 night out you're going to find.

WOOOO Jemile Weeks leadoff homer. Oh hey, my friend's ex-husband and the fat whore he left her for are sitting 20 feet away. Awkward. 2 run single by Adrian Cardenas and it's 3-0 with 2 down in the 1st. Hahaha Bobby Kielty's useless ass plays for Tuscon. 1st ends an Tuscon's Will Inman has thrown 51 pitches. Lol.

Tuscon scored once in the 4th while I was getting garlic fries. Pads score one more in the 6th. Anthony Recker hits a solo bomb in the bottom of the inning.

7th inning stretch time and at Raley Field that means one thing: time for the groundskeepers to dance. The thing I love most about minor league baseball is that no one takes themselves too seriously.

Oh hey, A's righty Michael Wuertz is making a rehab appearance!

In the 8th the Padres get runners on 1st and 3rd. Runner on 3rd get caught in run down an Jemile runs him down all the way from second. Noice.

Cats go on to win 4-2. Yeah! Cue the fireworks show!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

5 comments:

  1. it is my firm belief that this experiment was a complete success

    ReplyDelete
  2. just last week I rode through Lynchburg and thought to myself "Self, you should take the kids to a minor league ball game here in the very near future." I think you just sold 3 tickets to a Lynchburg Whatevertheyares game Harpo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might get shitfaced and go to a Whitecaps game so I can heckle THE FUTURE and get thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shitty app didn't post the pic I took from my seat. And by "my seat" I really mean "my camping chair parked on the outfield lawn". I'm going to take pictures of Raley Field. I am in no way exaggerating when I say it is a million times nicer than the Coliseum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harpo, the Rivercats are playing the Las Vegas 51s at home Thursday, Friday and Saturday and I intend to be in attendance for at least one of those games.

    ReplyDelete