Monday, April 25, 2011

Rays 2, Blue Jays 0: Oh Come On

In a shocking turn, home plate umpire Mike Everitt reveals himself to be a hater.
Ricky Romero struck out ten, and allowed only two runs over seven innings, both coming off of a first-inning home run to the kind of amazing Ben Zobrist. It was, however, not nearly enough, because everybody except Jose Bautista stinks, at least at the moment. Bautista came close to tying Lyle Overbay's (seriously, Lyle Overbay's) club record of reaching base in twelve straight plate appearances, and in every single one of those plate appearances, Bautista came up with nobody on base.


This is stupid and has to stop.


I am not going to get into a thing where I assign a rating to each and every Blue Jays game or anything, but I would like to give yesterday's offensive performance a rating, and the rating I would like to give yesterday's offensive performance is James Shields' butt.


A butt: I has one.
KS

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for understanding, Neil.

    Also, did anybody notice Halladay struck out 14 the other day? I should do a post about him. Because I still love him.

    ReplyDelete