Friday, June 10, 2011

Giants are Completely Awful, Lose 3-0

The extent of the offense.

This was the first game that I nearly couldn't bear to watch. Madison Bumgarner allowed one run through seven innings. The Giants got leadoff walks and got caught stealing by five feet. The Giants got two leadoff hits and didn't score. The Giants had a man on third with less than two out and couldn't bring him in. The Reds scored all three of their runs after there were two out and no men on.

Madison Bumgarner has the third-least run support in the major leagues. He has one lifetime win at AT&T Park. He is the new Matt Cain.

Just absolutely, murderously pathetic. No offense. No offense anywhere. Not in the lineup, not on the bench, not tucked safely inside Brian Wilson's beard. The Giants deserved to lose tonight, and I hope they feel awful about themselves. Because they are awful.

This game made me catch feelings, ladies and gentlemen. Hateful, unchecked baseball feelings.

1 comment:

  1. "I hope they feel awful about themselves, because they are awful" is exactly the way I have felt after almost every Blue Jays loss since I was six years old but only now have you given me the words to express that (baseball) feeling and so I thank you.

    ReplyDelete