Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The New York Mets Don't Give a Flip How Many Outs There Are, Crush Tigers 16-9

In the past four games, the New York Mets have scored 52 runs, which is a team record.  In their series against Detroit, they've scored 30, and 23 of those runs have come with two outs.  We are a long way from having runners in scoring position with fewer than two outs and getting nothing to show for it.  What's best to watch is that they're sons of bitches about it too, hitting from behind in the count, up the middle, opposite field...I have no idea what is happening, but I am having so much fun guys. 

Maybe it was a conditioned response to the past few seasons, but when the Tigers pulled within two in the seventh, I tensed up.  "Oh God, here we go, they're going to blow this one, Verlander's going to throw a two-hitter tomorrow, and we're going home to face the Yankees under .500 again."  Instead, the Mets put up four in the 8th and two in the 9th, all with two hits, and coasted.  

The Detroit Tigers have a relief pitcher named Al Alburquerque.  Why wasn't I told.  

1 comment:

  1. I am going to legally change my name to Hal Halifax in tribute. It won't be 1/10th as awesome but it is the best I can do.

    ReplyDelete