Sunday, June 5, 2011

Orioles 5, Blue Jays 3 and Blue Jays 7, Orioles 4: OK Then.

Jose Bautista flashes the drinky drinky sign on his way into third.
Ricky Romero wasn't terrible or anything on Saturday, but generally speaking when you give up a grand slam you will lose. I don't have numbers on that though I assume that they both exist and confirm my previous statement. It was kind of galling for Kevin Gregg to get the save on Saturday, but he nearly blew it, so I nearly liked it. Totally liked: Corey Patterson had a home run and two bunt singles in the same game. Isn't that wild? 


This afternoon's 7-4 win was more like the kind of shellacking I had in mind for all three games, but you take it as it comes, I guess. Adam Lind is back off the DL, as you may have noticed, and hit a pair of solo shots to go with Yunel Escobar's three-run home run. And do you know who pitched ably into the seventh and picked up his second straight win? Jo-Jo!  


And so that's two out of three on the weekend in Baltimore, which one can't be mad at. Next up: Kansas City, who everybody assures me will be good in 2013, which, you will note, is totally not this week.


KS

No comments:

Post a Comment