Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Braves 2, Blue Jays 0: Run Support King Ricky Romero At It Again

This is Ricky Romero's run support face.
"I’m sure those guys are not trying to get out," Ricky Romero said after last night's game. "They’re all trying. I’m not singling anyone out or anything like that. We’re all trying." What if they're not, though? What if everybody else is just coasting? I think we have to at least entertain the possibility. Adam Lind has been tremendous, Jose Bautista has fallen off but is still obviously going hard to the fullest out there, but who knows? Maybe everybody else is just jerks. The only guy who kind of actually actively looks like he's not trying is Yunel Escobar, but I firmly believe he is in fact trying but lacks the gene that makes it look like you're trying even when you are. On that note, I am entirely pleased with Alex Anthopolous' decision to extend Escobar for two seasons at $5 million a year with a couple of club options at the same rate. This is entirely sensible, and I like it. The eighth-best shortstop in either league this year according to Wins Above Replacement, he has been excellent. 


Last night's game, however, was not excellent, and was, on the contrary, a butt. Tim Hudson threw a two-hitter, and I hated it.


EDIT: Somehow I neglected to mention that both runs came on A TWO-RUN SHOT BY TIM HUDSON IN THE SEVENTH INNING GOD DAMN IT I HATE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE WHERE SHIT LIKE THIS IS EVEN POSSIBLE.


KS

No comments:

Post a Comment