Friday, July 1, 2011

Giants Put on Torture Clinic, Win 4-3

Exactly.

Probably the most stressful game of the season. The Giants got runners to second base or beyond and stranded them in innings 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8. This was "WASTED OPPORTUNITIES" writ large. To top it off, Javier Lopez gave up a fluke hit to a lefty for basically the third time this season, and Brian Wilson blew back-to-back saves for only the second time in his career, and the first time since 2008.

This was a pulses-pounding meltdown fest, and I can only imagine how Neil feels. I am certain he will make his baseball feelings known to all in short order. Mercy me, this was a...I don't even know what to call it. Giants get blown out tomorrow, make no mistake.

Neil, earlier I was feeling cocky after the Pablo Sandoval go-ahead double and was going to post this .gif, with the snakes being analogous to the Tigers. Since I believe I will not have another chance, here it is:

3 comments:

  1. THE ENDING TO THIS GAME WAS AWESOME, EVEN ERIC BYRNES GEEKED OUT FOR SOME REASON

    ReplyDelete
  2. finest gifs imaginable right here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I went from OH FUCK THIS after Sandoval's go ahead double to WAIT ... WE MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN THIS to the Picard facepalm in such rapid succession that I think I might need to see a therapist. Or someone who performs enemas with a shotgun. Either one.

    ReplyDelete