Monday, January 17, 2011

I don't care if you wouldn't; I would.



MLB Trade Rumors -- arguably the best non-Baseball Feelings site on the entire internet -- reports that the Toronto Blue Jays are interested in both Manny Ramirez and Eric Chavez.  And I am way, way into that idea.  Those ideas.  I know that not just fading veterans but superduperfading veterans don't make any sense for a team in the Blue Jays' position (note also that I have no idea what that position is) but fuck it I love watching washed up guys who used to be legitimately awesome but who will probably turn to dust and blow away by the second weekend in May.  I'm in.  All the way in.  Apologize to me, Alex Anthopolous, for trading away Shawn Marcum for a guy who could totally turn out to be way better (but I don't care right now) by signing 2011 Eric Chavez, only two years removed from his monster .262 OPS season.  That's really all it will take.  I am actually being serious right now.  I know how awesome Eric Chavez is.  I read Moneyball two times. 

And Manny owns.  My brother-in-law who doesn't watch baseball but who is up for fun and so came out to the Skydome in 2003 on a beautiful day to watch a glorious debacle of a Blue Jays/Red Sox game couldn't believe how fat and awful Manny Ramirez was, butchering nearly everything hit anywhere near him.  I was like, you don't know, dude, Ramirez is like a Hall-of-Fame calibre player, he's amazing.  And my brother-in-law was like, well why doesn't he just lose the fucking weight?  Exactly


KS

2 comments:

  1. Chavy hit two dingers in a spring training game last season and I was like MAYBE! and then he promptly crippled himself through the act of simply existing. SUCH IS LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crippled Chavez is still worth more (to me anyway) at third than an able-bodied Edwin Encarnacion who I mean totally has some power but also has rightly earned the sobriquet E5 through his near constant fuckery.

    ReplyDelete