Saturday, April 7, 2012

PHILLIES OPENING DAY REPORT

On Thursday I took off from work so I could exercise my right AS AN AMERICAN to get hammered, stuff my face and watch Roy Halladay mow down helpless Pittsburgh Pirates at 11 AM at a chain bar/restaurant. Unfortunately I missed the first two innings because the game started a half hour before the bar opened, but that means I missed the only two hits that Doc gave up.

HIGHLIGHTS:
- Like I said, I did not see Roy Halladay give up a single hit on Thursday so in my mind the man threw a no hitter.
- John Mayberry making some nice catches on deep flies to left field~
- Hunter Pence's socks.
- I fell in love with Jonathan Papelbon.
- A trio of 24 ounce beers, pulled pork sliders and mango habanero wings. Thank you, Mom and Dad for the gift of a $25 gift card.

LOWLIGHTS:
- This fuckin offense. THIS. FUCKIN. OFFENSE.

Cliff Lee vs. Jeff Karstens TODAY featuring the much anticipated Phillies debut of Laynce Nixxxxxx!!! Nix Fever, catch it.

2 comments:

  1. You will come to loathe Papelbon, as he works as slow as Doc does fast. It is the worst, and I could not be happier that he is out of not just my division, but my league. For he is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fuckin offense?!

    I'm really looking forward to the run fest tomorrow night against Josh Johnson. Maybe if the league comes up with a system of awarding runs based on the pitcher's performance--say one run for every three shut-out innings, or something along those lines--the Phils might stand a chance in that one.

    ReplyDelete