Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Giants 7, Mets 2 - Mercifully, I Didn't See Much of This One

Hey guys, I made my own Agony of Defeat

Alternate caption:  "I fell on my keys."

Yes, that reference to one of the greatest lines in one of the greatest movies is about the only superlative I'm going to use when describing this mess.  

Between a fussy baby and the Rangers winning their elimination game against Ottawa, my priorities were elsewhere this evening.  It's probably just as well.  Just about the only thing I did catch were two absolutely ridiculous strike calls against Jason Bay in the bottom of the eighth that led to him being called out on strikes with the bases loaded and the tying run on deck.  The second strike called was in the right-handed batter's box! 




Ah well, that's gonna happen when you got umpires at the end of calling two games I suppose.  

So now the Mets have hit the .500 mark ne'er to rise above it again.  They dropped three of four to the Giants and now Jose Reyes is coming into town with his new buddies.  All that good stuff I said about doubleheaders before?  I take it all back.   

No comments:

Post a Comment