Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 3: SMOKE MOTHERFUCKER YEAH

sometimes it gets in your eyes
Sure, Kyle Drabek threw too many balls on this night, and he walked three to go along with the three hits he allowed in his five-and-a-third innings pitched, but with only one run allowed against the presumably pretty able Boston lineup, I'm calling it: smoke. Big hits from Adam Lind, J. P. Arencibia, and nice nights from Yunel Escobar and E5 (a home run! and two stolen bases! Go, E5! Go!) made for awesome times, in this fan's view. 


Also, how rad is it to be able to send Jason Frasor out there for a sticky situation in the sixth inning? Last night's Santos meltdown aside, and Casey Janssen's slightly less than awesome ninth tonight, you have got to feel at least OK about this bullpen, under penalty of being wrong about this bullpen


Finally, I would like to note the crowd of 26 351, which is a pretty dang healthy number on what I came to call "Hardcore Opening Day" in my time in Toronto, because it's like, the only people who show up for the second game of the season are pretty serious, right? Everybody reasonable has already been to a game; that was yesterday. Game two is when you meet the people with whom you will be enjoying Tuesday nightsagainst Kansas City when it is raining. I mean, I was always there, and actually I preferred game two to the drunkfightcommotion of Opening Day proper. But there were times I'm sure it was no more than 12 000 for game two, however my scorekeeping book is in the next room and I am sitting unusually comfortably right now so I am unable to verify that for you at present. 


In summation: smoke.


KS


ps: also there was a streaker


what is this guy like eleven

No comments:

Post a Comment