Friday, May 20, 2011

Blue Jays 3, Rays 2: I Hope You Like Baseball That is Crisp

OK it's not just me, that glove is small.
After that gazillion-error nightmare of the previous game, it was nice to see a well-pitched, well-fielded nine innings that came in just a tick over two hours. Ricky Romero scattered but three hits and two walks over his seven innings, and home runs from Juan Rivera (John Farrell insisted that E5's benching had nothing to do with his thirteen errors the night before, but I have my doubts) and J. P. Arencibia where enough to overcome home runs by B. J. Upton and Kelly Shoppach. There's a story that is making the rounds with this game that I will point you towards but don't really want to talk about, so there's the link. 


Notably (in that I am noting it), last night marked only the second game this season in which Jose Bautista has appeared but failed to reach base. Savour it, haters, for you may not know its like again for many weeks.


KS

No comments:

Post a Comment