Monday, May 2, 2011

Yankees 5, Blue Jays 2: I Think It Was The Four-Run Fifth That Did It

This, however, happened in the first.
A day after I complained about too much running, Rajai Davis stole second and third in the same inning, and it was so cool. Is this why I am so bad at Baseball Mogul? I don't know. Here's what I do know: Jesse Litsch didn't have his best stuff; Adam Lind hit a home run which was awesome but Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson did also and it was terrible; and Jose Bautista left the game early with tightness in his neck.


This concerns me. As a person who has suffered from pretty serious neck pain at a couple of points in my life, I can tell Jose Bautista that what begins as mere tightness can quickly escalate to the point where you're in so much pain it takes you no less than ten minutes to get out of bed. Next thing you know, it's a major production to get outside to sit under your shade tree on a hot day. And before long, you are sending your regrets and totally missing M.'s wedding because there's no way you could sit in a car for anywhere near the three hours it would take to get there. And you really like M. She's cool. 


Be careful with this, Jose. That's all I'm saying. This could be the break the haters are looking for.


KS

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if Jose's neck pain came as a result of being dumped on his head after being thrown by his clothes though. Then again, maybe it did. Who's to say? In any event, I won't judge him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Larry David has argued, there are only two ways to injure your neck.

    ReplyDelete