Monday, February 21, 2011

Livan Hernandez - Awesomely Mediocre


As a Nationals fan, our hopes always lie in the future, which tend to constantly just over the horizon like a solar flare, never coming into focus. In a division that has become the NL Yankees (Phils), one that spends money like the top of a ponzi scheme (Mets), the team with the most consistent successes in the past 20 years though not much in the way of rings to show for it (Braves), and the team that has been a minor blip most of the time yet still has multiple rings (Marlins), we are the last child picked, the halfwit ignoramuses who meander about and eat up your schedule with a decent park that you can get good package deals too from out of town for a beer bus.
So in being attached to this lemon, all we can do is make lemonade. Here is an awesome story about Livan Hernandez from today's Washington Post - it is my lemonade.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not even a rims guy but damn those are amazing rims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make sure you read the article though KS. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK yeah that story was awesome. Boswell is one of the best. And Livan owns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which is better:

    I PLAY FOR THAT.

    or

    YOU GO BACK. I FINISH GAME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WILL HE WIN MORE GAMES FOR THE NATS IN 2012 THAN STRASBURG?

    ReplyDelete
  6. shit I guess he probably will

    note: I am not a Strasburg hater by any stretch of the imagination nor am I pessimistic by nature but for whatever reason I just think his arm is going to completely explode out its socket. I am a professional baseball scout so I would know something like that and be able to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah he seems like doom to me too. I also fully expect bryce harper to discover drugs in a bad way. NATS FEVER! CATCH IT!

    ReplyDelete