Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rick Monday - American Hero

I had never seen this before, so if it is old hat to you, then my friend I want you to understand during these trying times when Japan has secretly nuke bombed themselves to poison our West Coast brethren with irradiation in Pearl Harbor 2: The Radioactive Boogaloo, and when dastardly Libyan dictators (who are nothing like the dictators in Bahrain, Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, or any of the other places where shit has been going on as well) need to get they asses bombed the fuck back into place, that being a True Patriot should never be "old hat". And I actually have an old hat. It is a mesh baseball hat that was not acquired in ironic trucker hat fashion at a vintage store, but it was my grandfather's. He wore it in the only picture I have of the two of us together, when I was a wee toddler. He got a purple heart for getting blown up by a landmine with his friend in Korea, and his friend was dead, and the Koreans poked my grandfather with a bayonet and left him for dead. Only he lived. And came home and was a drunkard, who loved baseball. Actually I don't know that, but the old hat says "If there's grass on the field, let's play ball!" And it has an American flag pin on it. Because we are proud Americans, and have always been that way, like Rick Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Blue Monday, arguably another expression of this same patriotic spirit:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_National_League_Championship_Series

    ReplyDelete