Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Miguel the Magnificent




"After giving a Florida cop the middle finger, Cabrera shouted at police
“Fucking shoot me, kill me” when ordered to drop to his knees so that officers could handcuff him, according to a sheriff’s report.

The 27-year-old athlete, busted last month in Fort Pierce for drunk driving, also stated, “Fuck you. Do you know who I am? I’m Miguel Cabrera, I play for the Detroit Tigers, you don’t know my family.”

A second document--a statement given to cops by a bar manager--recounts an incident shortly before Cabrera was arrested at the wheel of his Range Rover. Fletcher Nail recalled that Cabrera arrived at the bar after last call and refused to leave.

Nail said that Cabrera “leaned down close to my face” and said, “I will kill you.” Nail added that the ballplayer looked around the bar and added, “I know all of you, and I will kill all of you and blow this place up.” Another witness, a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation agent, told investigators that Cabrera threatened him and Nail “by saying he had a gun in his bag for us.”


- From The Smoking Gun

5 comments:

  1. opening day hasn't even gotten here and I think he's already locked up his spot on the 2011 Baseball Feelings All-Star team. I hope after a couple bad years, the end of his contract is dumped on the Nationals because I think he'd be a great mentor to Bryce Harper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A legend in the making. There's no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Fuck you. Do you know who I am? I’m Miguel Cabrera, I play for the Detroit Tigers, you don’t know my family.”

    This fills me with such pride. You can tell how proud he is to wear Ye Olde English D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the "I know who all of you are" part myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be fair, there is a lot like to like there.

    ReplyDelete