Monday, April 1, 2024

2024 Game Two: Rays 8, Blue Jays 2

 

I guess you just get out there and you hound

Chris Bassitt opened the game (indeed his season!) by striking out the side, and then, somewhat perplexingly, had a super intense conversation with Alejandro Kirk in the dugout between innings. He struck out two more in the second, but still seemed super dissatisfied, despite only really truly missing with one pitch (he flew out of his usual delivery and yanked one glove-side). I guess something felt off? Sure enough, some imperfect defense and a bit of a meatball an inning later, I wonder if Bassitt experienced the grand slam as some kind of grim relief that he hadn't just been imaging things: see, I told you I was horseshit today. The only real bright spot in this one was Springer's second dinger in as many days. Let's keep that going!

KS


No comments:

Post a Comment