Friday, April 19, 2024

2024 Game Seventeen: Blue Jays 3, Yankees 1

 

I am a Yimi ultra

Scratch out a couple early runs, ride a great Chris Bassitt start for six-and-a-third, and watch Tim Mayza, Chad Green, and especially Yimi Garcia slice up the Yankees out of the pen? Folks, it's just that easy! And Yimi handled Soto, Judge, and Rizzo in the ninth, too! I am just stoked beyond stoked at how well Yimi has pitched so far, and, although I know this is unrealistic, I would like to see him pitch the ninth (or, more broadly, in the highest-leverage situations) even with Jordan Romano returning. This is how I would Baseball Mogul it (or indeed Out of the Park It), but I appreciate that there are actual people being managed here, rather than spreadsheets. It's a relationship business. 

KS 

No comments:

Post a Comment