Monday, April 6, 2015

Blue Jays 6, Yankees 1: I Don't Know Who Like Any of These Bros Are

Sweet bunt bro
A few weeks ago at work, one of my work pals with all earnestness was like, "Hey, spring training is only a few days away!" and my response was literally "What's the point." It was a dark moment. I have attended to neither the Blue Jays in particular nor baseball more broadly in some time; I totally opted out of 2013 after the Blue Jays hellstart, and for whatever reason had nothing to do with 2014 either (more than this than you might even think has to do with the absence of Alan Ashby on the radio; I really can't overstate the significance of this). It is entirely possible that I only took notice of today's games because of how seemingly everybody on twitter is either totally into opening day or totally into denouncing everybody who is into opening day (I respect both positions tremendously), and no less possible that like a week into the season I will have no interest in any of this at all again, but for today let me say that I took a look at the box score and found that I really don't know a bunch of these bros, which feels super weird, but I am ready to learn, especially if the Yankees are going to be soundly beaten in their contemptible home. 

Go Team.

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment