Thursday, April 9, 2015

Yankees 4, Blue Jays 3: I Know This is a Team Game but Brett Cecil Blew It Let's Blame Him Forever

R. A. Dickey: Not the Problem?
Despite me and a guy at work denouncing the hell out of R. A. Dickey earlier in the day, Dickey pitched totally well last night, whilst dudes such as Devon Travis hustled around in crafty (or, if you prefer, cræftig) fashion, putting the Blue Jays modestly but securely, it seemed, in the lead while I folded the laundry (not a euphemism; I was doing chores). But then the bullpen blew it, which bullpens are going to do sometimes, and they themselves are going to mind it more than I do, so why get too upset about? Brett Cecil had zero fun in the cold rain last night, whereas I was hanging out on the couch in my warm house with a cat and books and stuff, you know? It's alright. I mean, it was stupid and bad, but it's alright. 

Oh hey, on the broadcast: I have a television, in the sense that there is one in my house, but I don't have television, in the sense that it gets any channels other than the CBC, but I do very much have the internet and decided to have the game actually on in non-radio form for the first time in a couple seasons, and it was all very pleasant, but it is wild that this is the broadcast team. I don't know how to express this without recourse to theology so I am gonna say god bless them both but jesus christ how the helllll are Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler the TV guys in this the year of our lord 2015? It was all very upbeat and pleasant, but my god. At least neither of them are the manager, I guess? 

Hey maybe every R. A. Dickey start, I will drop an appropriate Old English word out of the ol' word hoard in tribute to his extremely sensible enthusiasm for Beowulf, an enthusiasm which I share? 

WON'T THAT BE FUN  

KS  

No comments:

Post a Comment