Thursday, June 23, 2022

2022 Game Sixty-Nine: Blue Jays 9, White Sox 5

 

yes sir, let's admire that one

Do not let the final score, uncentered as it was by a three-run Chicago eighth, fool you: this one was a blowout, with home runs from Téo (five this month, and he's hitting like .321 in June, too), Alejandro Kirk (third behind only Judge and Trout in AL All-Star voting!), and a grand slam for Bo Bichette (his second of the season). It is sad that hitting coach Guillermo Martinez was not that there to see the boys, and their boppings, but he was kicked out before the game even began for really giving it to Doug Eddings over last night's, well, last night's happenings, let's say. I don't know that Guillermo Martinez has ever brought out the lineup card before, and the great Dan Schulman didn't know either (nor yet the affable Pat Tabler), but it all seemed entirely premediated and executed very much according to plan. Ross Stripling, who continues to roll (1.81 ERA in his last ten games, I think they said?), allowed just one run on six hits in five (just one walk), and it was really just Adam Cimber being all out of sorts that made this a game anybody even stuck around for (I really like the White Sox crowds this series, by the way -- I don't think I've ever heard a crowd angrier at their manager whilst taking two out of three from a better team; I don't want that for the Blue Jays, but I love that for the White Sox). On to Milwaukee, and you know that means: Bob Uecker on the radio! The three-dollars-a-month I pay to have all the radio feeds feels like an extra bargain this month. I would pay that much monthly just to hear Bob Uecker's live-reads for sausages. But he'll probably tell stories, too! 

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment