Tuesday, June 7, 2022

2022 Game Fifty-Four: Blue Jays 8, Royals 0

 

I heard you liked gentle moments

Kauffman Stadium is a true jewel of a ballpark (at least on tv and in the video games that I have), but it was not its jewelness but instead its rooflessness that took centrestage Monday night as everybody sat through a two-hour rain delay during which it did not rain very much at all, only to then get drizzled on intermittently whilst the Blue Jays scored eight (homers from Bo, Vladdy, and Santiago Espinal) and held the Royals to but two meagre hits (which is scarcely more than one hit). On the one hand, consider the misery of those few Royals fans that sat through all of that, but on the other, great job Ross Stripling, wow, man, seriously. I had become convinced by An Internet Poster's haphazard comment earler in the day that the first game of what should be a relatively easy road trip felt like a real trap, and I came into this game super wary, but this was all misplaced (I do not blame the internet but instead myself). 

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment