Sunday, June 5, 2022

2022 Game Fifty: Blue Jays 8, White Sox 3

 

Raimel: is fleet

Alek Manoah had some trouble in the first inning he pitched (left 'em loaded in the first) and the last (charged with three runs in the eighth), but in between, oh man he was rolling so hard. The Blue Jays' four-run eighth quickly dispelled the ticklishness that had emerged in the top of that same inning, so much so that Jordan Romano was not even permitted to enter the game, and instead stood forlorn against the bullpen fence as Trent Thornton worked the final frame. And that's a series sweep! It was a shame we did not get to see Tim Anderson; it was a pleasure, as always, to watch Johnny Cueto pitch, although I must admit that I did not even know he had joined the White Sox (I am out of the loop). 

And so through the first fifty games of this Blue Jays season, we've got thirty wins, the first time this has happened since 1992. I don't know how many of you are history buffs, but there is an auspiciousness here, like a(n) historical auspiciousness, that I will not shy from for fear of jinxing but instead lean into as I embrace the inevitability of the Blue Jays eventual triumph (I do not really believe this but do hope that there will be good plays).

KS   

No comments:

Post a Comment