Tuesday, June 15, 2021

2021 Game Sixty-Four: Red Sox 2, Blue Jays 1

 

I think he got that one

That the blameless Rafael Dolis (for we know what he is, and he is, of course, only as God made him) had another brutal 9th inning (not unlike Friday night) to turn what could have been a sweep into a split is immaterial, really; in no sense did it "waste" what happened in the top of the ninth, as seems to have been suggested elsewhere (not here!). That Vladimir Guerrero Jr. took an 0-1 curveball (the first-pitch fastball, called a strike, was a little outside, and Vladdy did this little thing with his head that suggested "okay but that was a little outside") 451 feet, I think they said, over the wall in left to tie it remains rad regardless of what happened after, just as Alek Manoah's excellent start remains just that (excellent). 

May I share with you a series of "Twitter posts" I made the other day? They read as follows:

1. Blue Jays are three games out with like a hundred to go having played the toughest schedule in the league so far (or it was a little while ago; I don't remember where to check that lol) & I do not believe that all three of Boston, Houston, and Cleveland will continue to thrive

2. nobody likes blowing games late but the bullpen was the best in the league for like six weeks before swinging to worst in the league since and I would argue they are actually probably somewhere between those two! still they could get a guy or two, I wouldn't be mad or anything

3. also tbh I am not pining for Springer all that much in that Grichuk (who would be the odd man out) has played well so they aren't missing out on SPRINGER so much as on Springer minus P. Good Grichuk; weirdly it's a little thing that he's out, not a big thing (like a win or so)

4. anyway I think the specific ways the Blue Jays have lost is leading to a lot of doom-and-gloom but it doesn't really matter when the runs come in my dude; these are deceptions & this is why the fictional character Billy Beane of the hit film "Moneyball" does not watch the games

5. through by FAR the roughest part of their schedule the Blue Jays are on pace for . . . 85 wins, and FanGraphs had them projected for 87.7

6. tbh I think a lot of the chatter is Leafs fans turning their attn to the Blue Jays the last couple weeks and not knowing SHIT there I said it

Some recent thoughts -- indeed, feelings -- I wanted to share with you here. Yankees up next! 

KS 

No comments:

Post a Comment