Thursday, March 1, 2012

Perhaps the Finest Fangraphs Audio Ever

Carson Cistulli, baseball bloggeur nonpareil
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the best one they've ever done, and you can listen to it here. Dayn Perry joins Carson Cistulli, the baseball internet's great hipster ironist, to offer a reading of Ryan Bruan's recent speech as text in the cultural studies sense. At one point Perry mockingly derides cultural studies Ph.D. programmes as "the blast furnace of American ingenuity," which is totally the best part and I have just ruined it for you. Also, I have looked up Carson Cistulli on ratemyprofessors.com, and while on the whole he fares well, one evaluation reads only, "unfit to teach," which is tremendous. Let me add here that in my experience, professors of longstanding sometimes state with pride how completely they ignore student evaluations, often to the point of not even opening up the envelope, but I have never heard anyone claim to be above typing in their own name at ratemyprofessors.com. If you ever want to really hurt someone (or be nice), that is the place to do it. 


KS

2 comments: