Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh Right, Japan

#3140 in your program, #1 in your heart
Maybe you, like me, are not getting through every issue of The Economist lately (even though you really should), and so you are not as up on how things are going in Japan these days as you might otherwise be. If that is the case, you might enjoy the lead story on the Globe and Mail webpage on this Thanksgiving Monday, aka No-News-in-Canada Day. "The hometown Rakuten Eagles are lagging in the standings this year, but it doesn’t matter," we are told. "The fact that there’s baseball being played at all in Sendai this year is a triumph." Well, sure. Absolutely. 


KS 

3 comments:

  1. I was just reading the Economist while laying in my bed last night thinking to myself, "Man, I never even get close to finishing one before the next one shows up." So I will read this story you link to RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am only like fifteen pages into the most recent one and the next one is coming in like two days man I am fucked.

    (ps I lied I am only like ten pages in)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I think the article on drone warcraft sidetracked me into internet research on the subject

    ReplyDelete