Tuesday, May 4, 2021

2021 Game Twenty-Seven: Athletics 5, Blue Jays 4

 

Marcus Semien: by all accounts,
a very nice man.

As much as I welcome a series against the A's -- always an interesting team! for the many reasons we know so well! -- these 10:40 games are just a killer, although I acknowledge that my choice to live essentially in the Atlantic ocean is to blame for at least a portion of that wild start time. And so I glean what I may from the clips that make it to Twitter (the Oakland fans were lovely to the returning Marcus Semien; the Blue Jays put some hits together for a three-run third; Steven Matz was, like, significantly unhappy in the dugout after allowing five-runs in five innings of work) and from, of course, the box score (Vladdy went three-for-four, and has been on base in twenty-six of the Blue Jays' twenty-seven games so far), and content myself with that, for the most part, because even though this game wrapped in a perfectly reasonable two hours and forty-five minutes (so sayeth the box score), there is no way I am staying up to 1:25AM; I just can't. But of course I wish everyone the best. 

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment