Saturday, May 22, 2021

2021 Game Forty-Two: Red Sox 8, Blue Jays 7

 

Oh no

I am sad to report that Rafael Dolis and I are on the outs. Honestly, it has nothing to do with Dolis blowing a ninth-inning lead, as this was the first ninth-inning lead well and truly blown not only by Rafael Dolis this year, but indeed by any Blue Jays reliever, which is actually pretty wild, and plainly unsustainable. Nor is it because I think he is not a cool guy, because I think that he is in fact a cool guy, and I like that he pitched for a while in Japan, an inherently interesting thing to have done. But what I have decided is that I can no longer abide Rafael Dolis, or indeed any reliever, pitching with such blatant disregard for bedtimes. If there is an active pitcher (a term I must use loosely in this context!) anywhere in either league who works more slowly than Rafael Dolis, I don't know who that could be, and please do not tell me about him. It's too much. I need to go to bed.

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment