Wednesday, April 7, 2021

2021 Game Five: Rangers 7, Blue Jays 4

 

More of this again soon, please.

Six home runs last night! Alas that but two of them were Blue Jays ones. And yet I am buoyed: as much of a drag as it was to see Tanner Roark give up a home run in each of the first three innings (and honestly, it wasn't even that much of a drag, as we can only ask so much of him), it was very cheering to see Bo Bichette hit his first two of the year. Has there been a more æsthetic swing from the right side of the plate in Blue Jays history? I am not at all sure that there has! Part of it is that floppy hair imparts an increased sense of motion, certainly, but I don't think it's only that. Aside from Bo, I guess it was really only Randall Grichuk who had a particularly good night at the plate. I am not convinced Grichuk's .500 batting average is going to be sustainable but I guess I am also not entirely unconvinced? Time will tell. Hyun-Jin Ryu on the hill for getaway-day! Then homewards, sort of, in the Dunedin sense of homewards, to host the Angels. It's a four-game series coming up in Dunedin, too, so I'd have to think we'll see an Ohtani start, right? Hey wasn't that Sunday night Ohtani game just the wildest thing? A hundred on the gun and a 450-foot home run in the same inning like it wasn't even especially hard to do either, let alone both? I bet it secretly was, though. I bet he had to really try.  

KS  

No comments:

Post a Comment