Sunday, April 25, 2021

2020 Game Twenty: Rays 5, Blue Jays 3

I like the vibe here but I am still upset.

I tuned into this one just in time to see Mike Brosseau's two-run shot off Robbie Ray tie it up in the sixth, and stuck with it long enough to see Cavan Biggio let a ground ball go right through his legs for a couple of runs in the eighth, and then watch Vladdy's on-base streak end at nineteen games to end the ninth with the tying run aboard. None of this was good! The Vladdy streak, though, brought forth this item of interest from the "Sportsnet Stats" Twitter account: 

"Longest on-base streak to begin a season in #WeAreBlueJays history

Jose Bautista (2014)   37

Vernon Wells (2006)   29

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (2021)  19

Alex Gonzalez (1997)   19"

José, sure, but go Vernon! But man that Alex Gonzalez one kind of comes out of nowhere, doesn't it? Noticeably absent is Carlos Delgado, who spent like the better part of his whole life on base (or circling them). Weird stat!

I must say that the Cavan Biggio situation really does concern me at this point, and for a couple of reasons: firstly, I would just like this to work out, obviously, but secondly, I refuse to give Keith Law the satisfaction of being right about Cavan Biggio; that could ruin the whole season for me. He's just so smug.

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment