Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Red Sox 14, Blue Jays 0: Boston Batters Bag-of-Butts Blue Birds

I don't know if those sideburns are ironic or southern.
In case there was any doubt as to whether or not they could all be thrilling walk-off 1-0 games, this happened. Everybody was terrible. However! Dustin McGowan took the hill for the first time since utterly blowing his arm to bits three years ago, and we must salute his tenacity. For years now, the only time Dustin McGowan would enter my mind, really, was when I was playing baseball computer and video games (arguably the best kind of computer and video games) and there he'd always be, right in the middle of the rotation, and it was like, "Oh yeah, I suppose McGowan would be part of the rotation right now if he hadn't utterly blown his arm to bits. A shame, that." And then I would settle in and lose at my baseball computer or video game. But rarely by a score so disastrous as 14-0. (Although sometimes, yes.) 


KS

2 comments: