Sunday, September 25, 2022

2022 Game One-Hundred-Fifty-Two: Blue Jays 3, Rays 1

 

the legends say he did this 113 times 

So here is a game I just totally straight-up missed owing to a hurricane, in that the local radio station that carries Blue Jays baseball was not broadcasting at all, and I extremely did not have internet access, so that's about the size of it. All that came to me during the game itself was a text message (even those were spotty) from my brother-in-law that read MERRIFIELD. I asked questions, and got answers: Whit Merrifield's three-run home run (Téo and Zimmer [running or Jansen {pinch hitting for Tapia}] were aboard) complimented Alek Manoah's seven-inning, four-hit (two-walk) shutout ace-terpiece (I'm trying to make that happen [join me]) just wonderfully, and Jordan Romano got Mayza out of a little bit of trouble to close the books on what sounded like a deeply rad game, especially after getting knocked around pretty good in the first two. The split remains in play! It remains! In play!

KS 

No comments:

Post a Comment