Friday, August 26, 2022

2022 Game One-Hundred-Twenty-Two: Blue Jays 3, Red Sox 2 (F/10)

 

I have my qualms with Fenway . . .

. . . but it photographs well

George Springer's tenth-inning double to win it, José Berríos' six strong innings (a two-run homer in the bottom of the first the only blemish), and the fine work of five bullpen arms in relief (Yimi, Mayza [a little rough, but he'll get there], Bass, Cimber, and Romano) were all praiseworthy and quite frankly also just a whole lot of fun, but it was Matt Chapman's diving stop and backhanded flip to start a 5-6-3 double play to end the third that had my brother-in-law simultaneously texting (simultexting?), because man, that was wild. At times one wonders, does one not, about how Matt Chapman might fare at shortstop? I will say little in favour of the shift (æsthetically; I do not doubt it from a competitive standpoint), but it does give us a chance to see what that might be like, and maybe it would rule? I like Bo, though. This is not about Bo. 

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment