Monday, August 1, 2022

2022 Game One-Hundred-One: Blue Jays 5, Tigers 3

 

Téo would like you to know that he knows that he got one

Well, nobody listen to me, then, like ever: but one mere game after I suggested it was pretty tough to win when you put together a paltry four hits, here we have the Blue Jays winning 5-3 despite being outhit by the Tigers exactly ten to four. Had Lourdes Gurriel Jr. not reached on a pretty rough error by reliever Derek Law, Téo would not have been in position to hit a truly rad three-run homer in the bottom of the sixth to the great applause of 42 933 (that's a great crowd, even for a perfect Saturday in July), so I am very pleased to say that that is what did in fact occur; Gurriel did get on that way; nobody has to worry. For the second day in a row, the bullpen came through nicely (after a fine Stripling start, this time), and Jordan Romano "notched" his league-leading twenty-third save. Also of note: multiple-inning Yimi, which is my favourite type of Yimi. I get so fired up about Yimi.

I would like to close, if I may, with a couple other really nice photographs from Saturday's game -- the Getty Images page was really hopping for this one.

KS

this one is like stunningly clasic


Vladdy's ever-present joy at being waved home coming around third
has finally been captured in still photography



No comments:

Post a Comment