Friday, May 5, 2023

2023 Game Thirty-One: Red Sox 8, Blue Jays 3

there was, at least, this

As much I enjoyed Vladdy's four-hundred-fifty-foot home run that cleared not only the Green Monster, but indeed Fenway Park itself, and landed well onto the street, I have no further desire to be placed in the position of enjoying Vladdy moon-shots in losing efforts! It actually feels pretty bad! The Blue Jays came into this game, I believe, second in all of baseball in the worthy defensive measure of "defensive runs saved," but by either modern or traditional defensive metrics, they kicked it around pretty brutally Wednesday night. We are all of us well aware, I am sure, of the extent to which errors can be a misleading statistic, but there's no getting around four errors yeah four of them in a single game. What a weird stretch of bad baseball! Pitching and defense have vanished! I am sure they will return. But it is a drag until they do!  

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment