Friday, May 19, 2023

2023 Game Forty-Three: Blue Jays 3, Yankees 0 (F/10)

 

every four days or so Jano likes to walk 'em off (just for yucks)

A pitcher's duel that ends on a walk-off Danny Jansen three-run homer in the bottom of the tenth? Seven scoreless from a flu-weary (or something) Chris Bassitt? Yimi, Mayza, and Jordan Romano doing yeoman's work out of the pen? That sounds like an awful lot to like! And yet this game was agonizing right up until the instant it ended, with the Blue Jays hitting into double plays in the sixth, seventh, and eighth, and although I don't think they did in the ninth, I remember that inning getting me down, too. I take considerable comfort in this year's new, more balanced schedule that will rid us of Yankees games until the fall. Just one more to go before then. I can do this. I think. Maybe.

KS  

No comments:

Post a Comment