Monday, May 27, 2024

2024 Games Forty-Six through Forty-Eight: Blue Jays 9, White Sox 3; White Sox 5, Blue Jays 0; Blue Jays 9, White Sox 2

 

the ancient tableau 

This is perhaps an odd response to a series win in which the Blue Jays scored nine runs twice, but I am dispirited, so dispirited, in fact, that I am switching to series-recap mode. I find myself in a similar state of mind to that expressed by Kevin Gausman after Wednesday night's two-hit, shutout loss to a terrible team (allowing, of course, for the fact that Garrett Crochet is for sure a good pitcher) in that i) I too think this is a good group of guys, and ii) this group of guys will not be together very much longer unless they start winning some games here guys, golly (heavy emphasis on the second syllable). But surely a series win, you might well ask, in which the boys would appear to have at least temporarily elected to bop, should be enough to allay this dispiritment slightly? Surprisingly, no! People are asking if I'm good—I'm upset!

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment