Friday, September 8, 2023

2023 Game One-Hundred-Thirty-Nine: Blue Jays 7, Athletics 1

 

The Mound Hound

I'll take as many of these as you can give me, in that sense that I will forever welcome eight terrific innings from Chris Bassitt, and seven runs on ten hits from the bats of Springer, Kirk, Keirmaier et al. Great! But throughout this lopsided affair I found myself reflecting, time and again, on the sad way of things in Oakland in recent years, but especially this year. The sadness of it all was heightened somehow by Bark at the Ballpark night, with all kinds of good dogs in A's colours here and there amongst the several (but not that several) thousand fans scattered throughout the vast, awful stadium that used to be a vast, totally fine stadium before it was ruined by a football team that doesn't play there anymore. I don't know. It was all too much. 

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment