Sunday, April 16, 2023

2023 Game Thirteen: Tigers 3, Blue Jays 1

 

here's a nice one of Espinal!

Would I have preferred the sweep? Of course, and yet, even with this fairly ludicrous 2023 Blue Jays lineup, there will be nights in which we only put up a single run, and on such nights, we will lose the game. However! I choose to take not inconsiderable consolation in Chris Bassitt's best start of the season, which is not a faint-praise situation, in that it was a totally good start by any measure: two runs? over six complete innings? striking out seven? Let's do that every time! The bullpen, kind of the "B" guys as we were never protecting a lead, did just fine. And I just like the Detroit Tigers, as they keep me in mind of the AL East of my youth, and remind me of my old friend Neil, who loved those teams. I have probably mentioned that before, and will probably mention it again.

Next up, the Tampa Bay Rays, for whom I feel no real fondness, and who come in winners of a record-tying thirteen straight to start the season. Well I guess we'll just see!  

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment