Monday, October 3, 2022

2022 Game One-Hundred-Fifty-Eight: Blue Jays 10, Red Sox 0

 

go Téo

Aside from Ross Stripling's brilliant six innings, and the three lovely innings the bullpen offered afterwards, the thing that really stood out to me about Friday night's game was how the Blue Jays scored ten runs on twenty-one hits, led by Bo Bichette's four, Téo's four (including a home run), and Danny Jansen's three (which also included a home run and five RBI). I have never witnessed a season-long walloping of the kind the Blue Jays have delivered unto the Red Sox this season, and indeed I think this is statistically as badly as Toronto has ever outplayed an opponent over the whole summer (the baseball summer [which includes a little spring, a little {maybe a lot of} fall]). It has been argued that the Red Sox are better than their record indicates, and that they might well have been a contender this year had they played in the AL Central (Boston, that great city of the great lakes; makes sense to me), and I don't know about all that necessarily, but I can say with certainty that if they hadn't played the Blue Jays this season they'd have like thirteen fewer losses, which would help. And yet I do not wish to help.  A rough year in Boston, and their fans can't even console themselves with the knowledge that as bad as things may be, they still have Jackie Bradley Jr. out there, because they don't; his transformation into Blue Jays Legend Jackie Bradley Jr. was immediate and totalizing, and I love it.

KS   

No comments:

Post a Comment