Wednesday, July 28, 2021

2021 Game Ninety-Six: Red Sox 5, Blue Jays 4

 

You know what, he seems nice

This was the second-straight game in which you might have thought it was going to be enough when Bo Bichette put the Blue Jays up by a pair, but the bullpen couldn't hold it, and what you get in the end is a 5-4 loss. A drag, certainly, and yet I cannot claim to have been fully dragged by it, in that we are very much attuned to the Tokyo Olympics at the moment, and so my baseball engagement is largely (though not exclusively!) confined to play-by-play data and Twitter videos. Let me tell you: it is not at all an unpleasant so to do. Still with Twitter, and Blue Jays Twitter specifically: my goodness there are a lot of legitimately terrible takes as the trade deadline draws (ever) nearer. I have unfollowed two prominent accounts in recent days! I couldn't handle it! Guys it's just baseball, and what's more, a single baseball season; take it easy. 

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment